What to Do to Get That Candida Overgrowth Under Control
This article is a supplement to the previous candida blog which explains exactly what candida overgrowth is, symptoms, how it is exacerbated in the body, and foods that cause it to go haywire in the body.
For those interested in a deeper look into a list of suggested foods to eat on a regular basis, supplements including essential oils to use to maximize optimum health with a candida overgrowth or imbalance, keep reading! Below is a short recap of suggested natural treatments for candida overgrowth as seen in the 1st article:
“Suggested Treatments for Candida Overgrowth “
The big picture is to stop the yeast overgrowth, restore friendly bacteria that maintains a homeostasis environment of good bacteria, and healing the damaged and over stimulated and stressed gut so the candida can no longer enter the bloodstream.
This can be done with a natural approach by simply changing the dietary lifestyle, void of all the “super causers of candida overgrowth” listed below: Diet low in carbohydrate, sugar, alcohol, antibiotics, soy, fermented foods and leading a life that is non-inflammatory, aka stress–meditate, yoga, exercise.
Boost up the beneficial intestinal bacteria by taking your pre and probiotics (25-100 billion daily), drink warm lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach and boost immune system by taking colostrum and daily multi-vitamin. Eat plenty of fresh organic greens and fresh foods as much as possible and stay away from processed foods and drinks.
Using this lifestyle and diet, your candida overgrowth should be back under control in 3-6 months. Also available is anti-fungal medication (either over the counter or through natural herbs and essential oils-essential oregano oil). A dollop of coconut oil each day should help rid the candida overgrowth as well. And don’t forget acupuncture!
Suggested Foods to Eat on a Daily Basis
1. Coconut Oil 1-2 tsp with fat-containing meals, daily
2. Wild Fish (low on food chain: sardines) that contain high levels of omega 3
3. Vegetables with the lowest carbohydrate index are green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, spinach, asparagus, celery, peppers, kale, mustard greens, and Chinese cabbage.
4. Small amounts of Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salts with natural trace minerals, antioxidants in the form of phenols and minerals that help balance potassium, salt and electrolytes in body.
5. Antifungal agents such as raw garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract and Paud’arco.
6. Essential vitamins and minerals, that are yeast-free and sugar-free:
a. Chlorella (2-3 capsules per day)
b. Vitamin B Complex (non-yeast), 50 mgs. twice a day
c. Vitamin C with bioflavonoids, 1,000 mgs. twice a day
d. Vitamin D (with vitamin A) – take 1 teaspoon per 50 lbs. of body weight per day of a high quality cod liver oil or fish oil
e. Vitamin E, containing natural alpha tocopherol, (d-alpha tocopherol is synthetic), that is not from a soy source, 400 IU twice a day
f. Calcium/Magnesium Citrate, with “elemental amounts” containing 800-1,200 mgs. of calcium with an equal ratio of magnesium
7. Avoid most popular American foods such as breads made with yeast, dairy, cheese, tomato paste, rice, potatoes, mushrooms, beer, and too much high glycemic index fruits (along with many of the others listed above and in the other article).
8. Drink plenty of warm water with lemons or lemon essential oils to create ph balance from the inside out.
Essential Oils to Use
1. Lemon Essential Oil—several drops in warm water on empty stomach first thing in the morning and throughout the day.
2. Take 3 drops of each—Rosemary, Cassia, Lemon Essential Oils in vegetable capsules – 3 times daily
3. Consider Clove, Melaleuca, Lemongrass and Slim and Sassy—2-3 drops, 2 times daily
4. doTerraGX Assist—3 times a day for 10 days, which includes Oregano
5. doTerraPB Assist—3 times a day, 5 days straight
6. Stomach enzymes with doTerra Terrazyme every morning on empty stomach along with your probiotics
Sources: foodmatters, altmedicine.com, dr.oz